Effective Date: August 13, 2020
King Technology, Inc. (“KTI”; “us”, “we”, or “our”) owns and operates the following web sites: https://www.kingtechnology.com/; https://www.frogproducts.com/; https://www.oxiking.com/; and https://partners.kingtechnology.com/. KTI also provides the FROG® Water Care Mobile Application. Through these web sites and the FROG® Water Care application, by phone, and via email (collectively “Services”) KTI gathers certain types of information, including personal data.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and retention of personal data when you use our Services and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Services. By using the Services, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Services means KTI’s web sites, the FROG® Water Care Mobile Application, internal data storage systems, email system, and telephone system.
Personal Data means information that can be used on its own or in conjunction with other data to identify a natural person or a particular household.
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Services or from the Services’ infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
A Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Services and is the subject of Personal Data.
- Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Services to you.
- Types of Data Collected
- Personal Data
While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Post Office or Street Address
- City, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code
- Information about your pool and or/spa and ancillary products
- Your preferred dealer
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
- Usage Data
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Services or when you access the Services by or through a mobile device.
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Services by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s Unique Device Identifier (UDID), the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Location Data
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Services and to improve and customize our Services.
You can also enable or disable location services when you use our Services at any time through your device settings.
- Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Services.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Services.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Services.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
- Use of Data
KTI uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Services
- To notify you about changes to our Services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services
- To monitor the usage of our Services
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services, and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
- Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
KTI may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- We must comply with legal obligations
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- You have given us permission to do so
- Vital interests of the data subject must be protected
- Retention of Data
KTI will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
- Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to entities within the United States and process it there.
Google Calendar Sync
During login with your google account we use https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.events for the sole purpose of adding reminders to your google calendar. We do not have access to any other information in your Google account apart from your name and email address, and we cannot share this information with any other person or entity.
- Disclosure of Data
- Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, KTI may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- Legal Requirements
KTI may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of KTI
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public
- To protect against legal liability
- Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- “Do Not Track” Signals Under California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
- Your Data Protection Rights
As a consumer, you have certain data protection rights. KTI strives to be compliant with all current and pending legislation in the United States and Europe (under GDPR). KTI will take reasonable steps to allow you to receive, correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you would like to submit a request, click here.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to withdraw consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where KTI relied on your consent to process your Personal Data. Click here.
- The right to request the personal information we have on you. To obtain a copy of all the Personal Data we have collected about you, complete the Personal Data Access Request Form (click here) and send an email with your completed form to email@example.com or return the completed form by US Mail as indicated on the form. You then have the right to have that information provided to you, updated, or deleted.
Please note that, for your protection, laws require that you verify your identity before we respond to such requests.
If you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data by contacting your local data protection authority.
- Service Providers
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services (“Service Providers”), to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Services-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Services are used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Selling of Data
At no time will KTI or any of its Service Providers sell your Personal Data.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Services. For example, one such Service Provider is Google and its service is Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Services. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We may use third-party Service Providers to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our Services. For example, one such Service Provider is Google and its service is Google AdSense.
Google AdSense DoubleClick Cookie
- You may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick Cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the Google Ads Settings web page: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
- Behavioral Remarketing
- Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
- You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
- Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
- You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
- To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
- Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
We may provide paid products or services within the Services. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
Apple Store In-App Payments
Google Play In-App Payments
PayPal or Braintree
USAePay / Persolvent
PAYware / Verifone
- Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
- Children’s Privacy
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- Contact Us
By phone: 1-800-222-0169
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org.